Visual Studio Integration - Side-by-Side COM Build Properties
COM manifest build property page is displayed by Visual Studio as part of the project properties.
Righ-click the project and select Properties.
COM Manifest Build Properties
- Build type
- The default is none. Select COM to build a COM manifest for this DLL.
- Auto-fix manifest errors
- Automatically fix manifest errors where possible.
- Embed manifest as resource
- Use Default to allow the default processing. Override if default processing is not desirable
- Delete manifest after embedding
- Normally it is desirable to delete the manifest file after it has been embedded. This option is ignored if manifest is not embedded.
- Get assembly version from this EXE or DLl file
- This option should be set to either this or some other module that contains a valid version resource.
- Override processor architecture
- Normally this should be set to the Platform for which this module is being built.
- Write multiple type libraries in separate file tags
- This setting will be removed in future versions of Manifest maker.
COM Manifest General Properties
- Program folder
- Normally the build integration detects the location of sxs32cmd.exe.
Use this option if the detection fails. You can also set environment variable
to the location of Manifest Maker.
- Enable trace
- Turn program loggin on or off.
- Log level
- Choose the amount of log output.
- Log file path
- The path to the log file written by sxs32cmd.exe.
- Visual Studio message mode
- Visual Studio mode only displays Visual Studio compatible messages.
- Execute after
- The MSBuild target after which this build step should run, default: Link.
- Execute before
- The MSBuild target before which this step should run, default: Post-Build.
COM Manifest Build Command Line
This page displays the command line generated by the build and allows adding custom options at the end
of the command line. Since sxs32cmd.exe allows conflicting options on the
command line and simply overrides the previous value with the new value, this
can be used to override any build option.
Read more Visual Studio 2017 Integration - Manifests in the Example Project
Read more Visual Studio 2017 Integration - Manifest Project Properties.
Read more Visual Studio 2017 Integration - Example Project.